In "normal" years...
We offer two INDOOR seasons for teams: Fall (short/mini-season) & Spring (longer typical club season):
FALL School teams ("mini-season") for GIRLS in grades 5th-8th
- tryouts in late August
- compete in 2-3 local tournaments Sep-Oct
- compete against other middle school teams
FALL Sunday Clinics for all ages/skill levels
- 2 hours each Sunday (mid-August thru September) until club tryouts in early October
- held at MBHS Gym, open to boys & girls, multiple courts & coaches
Click on FALL Mini-Season for more details.
SPRING Indoor Club Teams (PRIMARY club volleyball season) for all ages
- 15s-18s (9th-12th grade) have tryouts in late July, then take a club break to play on their respective high school teams (cannot play on club vb team during same time as HS team). Tournaments December through May/June.
- 10U-14U 94th-8th grade) have tryouts in early October, and start practices by early November (or sooner). Tournaments December-May/June.
- "Local" teams compete in series of 6-7 local tournaments in Rancho Bernardo (Volley-Fest tournament series); focus on development; less competitive (and less expensive).
- "Travel" teams compete in SCVA tournaments throughout Southern California (generally higher level of play & bigger commitment and more expensive), and some out-of-state tournaments as well, depending on team (13U-18U)
Click on SPRING Girls Club Season for more details.