this is a partial list of player showcase opportunities, including links to more info... this page will be updated as we add more showcase and college camp opportunities ________________________________________________ Who should attend a Player Showcase? Any female volleyball player in high school who possibly wants to play in college. Why?
- Assess where you stand compared to other players your age and/or position
- After contacting college coaches via email and phone, this is an opportunity for coaches so see you in action, in person.
- You will not necessarily "get discovered" at a showcase... most coaches are primarily there to watch players that are already "on their list." Make sure you have already pre-contacted numerous coaches PRIOR to any showcase, so you know they will watch you!
- often conveniently scheduled the night before a tournament... you're already there
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ City Beach Academic Camp - in Northern California in early June - get coached by multiple college coaches from high academic schools! A fantastic way to get to know their coaching styles and the coaches can get to know you. too! Better than video and better than a huge showcase right before a major tournament... this only attracts student-athletes for certain types of schools. early June weekend City Beach Girls Academic Camp ________ Jumbo Volleyball Clinics - at Tufts University - highly recommend this one if you are interested in a high-academic college on the East Coast... well-run camps & clinics with multiple coaches from many colleges Jumbo Volleyball Clinics at Tufts University ________Sunshine College Camp at Sunshine VBC (high academic colleges, camp is run by college coaches): https://www.sunshinevolleyball.org/page/show/1026447-sunshine-s-college-camp look for others... ask your coach about any camps/showcases you find... good luck! ________________________________________________ National Collegiate Athletic & Academic Advisory Program Help with for planning your Student Athlete experience at the Collegiate level. Let NCAAAP help you navigate this process and find the school and environment in which you will thrive! www.ncaaap.com _____________________________________________
Las Vegas Showcase - Friday evening before the Las Vegas ClassicShowcase your skills to college coaches, raise your profile, get seen by hundreds of college coaches! Parents get a free recruiting seminar at same time. Low price, conveniently hosted the night before the Las Vegas Showcase. For unsigned Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors. Sign up ahead of time, and make sure you have all your player data handy in order to sign up.
Whichever showcase you attend on Friday afternoon/evening, be sure to arrive 30min early (plan for Friday traffic if you're driving from San Diego!)… and register ASAP since timeslots are filling up!
- p1440: this is the only showcase being held at the tournament site at Mandalay Bay Convention Center, 90min timeslots at 3:00, 4:30, 6:00pm, https://p1440.volleyballlife.com/tournament/544
- PrepVolleyball: off-site at “It's All Volleyball” 90min timeslots at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, 2:30pm, $99.95/player https://prepvolleyball.com/showcases/las-vegas
- Marki Recruiting: off-site at “It's All Volleyball” 1hr timeslots at 5:00, 6:00, 7:00pm, $89/player https://www.markirecruitingevents.com/
Get ranked at an AVCA College Prep Combines What: A two-hour low-impact, high-value data-gathering session that assesses a player's physical potential and behavioral temperament. Results are compiled into a searchable database where participants, their parents and college coaches can look for good matches. Please contact the AVCA with questions about the AVCA College Prep Combines powered by Under Armour at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-544-2822.
________________________________________________ NCSA - National Collegiate Scouting Association: http://www.ncsasports.org lots of free helpful info/advice on their website, but don't dive into any financial commitment with NCSA (until/unless you talk with your coach first) ________________________________________________ AVCA - American Volleyball Coaches Association www.avca.org ________________________________________________