TRYOUTS for 8th Grade and Younger
(14U, 13U, 12U, 11U and 10U)
Saturday & Sunday location: La Jolla High School (LJHS) gym.
Weekdays: The Salvation Army (TSA) gym.
Click for Locations for both sites’ location & directions.
Printable Flier: TRYOUTS FLIER Spring Season 2017/18
Please plan to attend ALL tryouts dates for your age group, and make sure you are pre-registered to ensure you are included in assessments and team consideration.
11U & 10U Locals (5th and 4th grade):
- Saturday Oct. 14th 8:30-10:00 at LJHS
- Sunday Oct. 15th 8:30-10:00 at LJHS
12U (6th grade and younger; born on or after 9/1/2005 for a travel team/tournament)
- Saturday Oct. 14th 10;15-11:45 at LJHS
- Sunday Oct. 15th 10:30-12:00 at LJHS
- Monday Oct 16th 4:30-6:00 at TSA gym
13U (mostly 7th grade; born on or after 9/1/2004 for SCVA team)
- Saturday Oct. 14th 2:30-4:30 at LJHS
- Sunday Oct. 15th 1:30-3:30 at LJHS
- Monday Oct 16th 6:30-8:00 at TSA gym
14U (mostly 8th grade; born on or after 9/1/2003 for SCVA team)
- Saturday Oct. 14th 12:00-2:00 at LJHS
- Sunday Oct. 15th 4:00-6:00 at LJHS
- Monday Oct 16th 6:30-8:00pm
4:30-6:00at TSA gym (sorry, it was incorrectly listed here previously!)
PARENT MEETING – MANDATORY:
- Sunday Oct 15th 12:30-1:15 at LJHS
Players accepting an invitation to join LJV are required to attend Commitment Night and Uniform Try-on: TUESDAY Oct. 17th 5:15 – 7:45pm stop by anytime
COACHES for teams will be posted on our Teams page
TRAVEL TEAMS in 13U & 14U: Players must abide by strict birthdate cut-offs…
- 14U – born on or after September 1, 2003 for SCVA travel team
- 13U – born on or after September 1, 2004 for SCVA travel team
- 12U – born on or after September 1, 20051 for SCVA travel team or event (for our 12-1 team)
All players must REGISTER ONLINE prior to participation.
Tryouts Fee: $45/player
This fee covers all tryouts dates and includes an LJV tryouts t-shirt. No walk-ins at tryouts, must register online.
- 14-1 Travel – Head: Roy Agbulos, Asst: and Nicole Wallace or Leah Dekok
- 14-2 Travel – Head: Law Ortiguerra, Asst: Kirsten Zeise or Ivey Schmitt
- 14-3 or 13-1 Hybrid (Local/Travel) – Head: Will Raschke (Asst Coach if full travel team)
- 13/14 Local – Head Coach: Jon Murphy
- 12-1 Local/Hybrid – Missy Ross
- 12-2 Local – Debbie “DK” Brown
- 12-3 Local – Megan Volger
- 11-1 Local – Debbie “DK” Brown
- 10/11 Local – Nicole Blackwell
Additional experienced coaches will be confirmed and added as necessary. Click on Coaches to read about our coaches.