There are MULTIPLE seasons for Girls volleyball! The main CLUB VOLLEYBALL season (practices/tournaments) is approximately November-June.
Summer is the time for camps, clinics, beach, AND 15s-18s girls club team tryouts (new in 2019).
Fall is the time for school teams (open to grades 4th-12th, for all players NOT currently playing on a HS team), Tryouts for Fall mini-season teams take place in late August.
Links for Tryouts Info:
- Fall Mini-Season Girls Tryouts — August 2019 (all ages thru 12th grade, for non-HS-team players)
- 10U-14U Girls Club Tryouts — October 2019 (8th grade & younger, for longer club season)
- 15U-18U Girls Club Tryouts — July 2019 (Freshman-Seniors) – COMPLETE, but roster spots still open
Send and email to Bill/LJV with tryouts questions
Here’s a brief overview of the main CLUB season:
- 15U-18U (high school age players) have CLUB SEASON TRYOUTS in JULY preceding their High School season. After these July tryouts, then players go play on their various High School or Fall teams (no club team practices while players are competing in CIF). Practices for 15U-18U teams begin in late November (after HS season ends), then tournaments begin in December and conclude in May/June, depending on team.
- 10U-14U (8th grade and younger) have CLUB SEASON TRYOUTS in early OCTOBER, during Fall mini-season. Practices for 10U-14U girls club teams begin in early November and tournaments begin in December and conclude in May/June, depending on team.
- Fall Mini-Season (open to all ages, must not be on a high school team at same time)… this Mini-Season runs Sept-Oct, open to all ages, competes in local tournaments in Poway only. This is not considered the primary long club season, but is a great opportunity for a short season experience! (tryouts in late August, half-day tournaments approx. every other weekend).
Don’t miss tryouts for your age group!
Girls Club team tryouts