FALL Girls School-based teams — General Info —
Tryouts are held in late August, and LJV Fall teams are formed primarily to compete against other middle school-based teams. LJV Fall teams will participate in 2-3 tournaments in Poway, September-October. Some LJV Fall teams will also compete in matches/scrimmages against other local middle school teams.
Fall teams are formed in age/grade groups:
– 3rd & 4th graders will compete in 10U division (NEW division for Fall 2018!)
– 5th & 6th graders will compete in 12U division
– 7th & 8th graders will compete in 14U or 16U division
– high school players in HS division
Birthdate does not matter for Fall season, only your grade in school. Scroll down for TRYOUTS info!
(click image to view/print Fall 2018 LJV flier — UPDATED on Aug 13, 2018)
Fall 2018 – MIDDLE SCHOOL TRYOUTS:
- Tues. Aug 28th (Day1): 4:30-6:00pm for 4th-6th graders and 6:30-8:00pm for 7th/8th graders
- Wed. Aug 29th (Day 2): 4:30-6:00pm for 4th-6th graders and 6:30-8:00pm for 7th/8th graders (incl. in $40 tryout fee). Parent Info meeting for 10-15 minutes at end of each Wed. tryout (6:00 & 8:00pm).
- Thurs. Aug. 30th (Day 3/practice): 4:30-6:00pm for 4th-6th graders and 6:30-8:00pm for 7th/8th graders (this may be the teams’ first practices if teams are finalized)
Tryouts are held at “TSA” gym – The Salvation Army gym. Pre-registration and tryouts fee ($40) is required for all participants. 10-15min parent info session at end of Wed. 8/29 tryouts.
Click here for Registration & Payment – select GIRLS Fall Mini-Season button to enter Registration system
HINT: sign up and attend the first two Sunday Clinics (Aug 19th & 26th) to brush up before tryouts, and/or our 2-day Girls Clinic on Aug 22-23rd!
Weekday tryouts/practices are held at TSA gym and all Sunday practices are held at La Jolla High School
– click Locations for details
NON-TEAM OPTION FOR FALL… SUNDAY CLINICS:
4:00-5:45pm each Sunday at LJHS Big Gym, starting Sunday August 19th
This is a great option for those who either do not make a Fall team or simply prefer to wait until Spring season to join a team and wok on skills once a week during August/September… Weekly Sunday clinics to learn & improve your skills before Spring season tryouts (which start October 6th!). All Sunday clinics open to 4th-8th graders, all levels. Click on Fall Sunday Clinics 2018 for more details.
Sunday Clinics are $30 each Sunday. Must pre-pay/pre-register online (even a few moments prior is okay).
FALL GIRLS TEAMS DETAILS:
Fall school-based teams typically have 9-10 practices and will have 2-3 local half-day tournaments in Poway. Team-specific schedules and practice days will depend upon your daughters’ team placement. All Fall teams will have one weekday practice and a Sunday practice on non-tournament Sundays. First practice for all Fall teams will be on Sunday September 3rd at LJHS 2:00-4:00pm
rosters will be posted on this website by mid-September
We hope to field teams for all interested players. However, we can never accurately predict the turnout of players and we may need to cut some players. Those players may choose to register for the series of Sunday practices.
TOURNAMENTS & GAMES for Fall teams
– 2-3 half-day tournaments in Poway (“Volley-Fest” Series at Epic VBC), on Sundays in Fall
– 3rd/4th graders will compete in 10U division, using the VolleyLite ball
– 5th/6th graders will compete in 12U division, using the VolleyLite ball
– 7th/8th graders will compete in Club or Open division, using regular weight volleyball and full-height net
– Games with other middle schools may be scheduled and will posted on LJV Calendar
Fall tournaments start with the very first weekend after Labor Day, September 8th & 9th!
$575 for 2018 Fall season… (but team fees may vary if additional tournaments are added)
The $40 tryouts fee (required) covers gym rental time, equipment, coaches, and all tryout dates.
Fall Season fees include LJV team jersey, equipment, gym rental, tournament fees, coaching, and insurance.
Fall fees may be paid in one or two payments. First payment is due by first practice (Sunday Sept. 2nd); full balance by 9/14.
Fall 2018 Coaches:
Assistant & floater coaches: TBA