We are excited to welcome Bill to our coaching staff!
Hi there. My name is Bill Attinger and I am a married, father of 3 who was born and raised here in San Diego, CA. I first discovered volleyball during my senior year of high school, where I played for the very first boys team at Castle Park High School. After high school I spent several years playing competitive beach tournaments in the Midwest and back here again in San Diego. I’ve had the great privilege of coaching volleyball both indoor and on the beach for 19 years in several age categories from 8’s to 18’s. My experience has taken me from indoor to the beach, junior high school, high school and club. Regardless of my years of experience, I have never stopped being a student of the game.
Just like being a parent and learning on the job, I have also learned many great lessons as a coach…the most important lesson being that while I thought I was just teaching volleyball, it turned out that I was doing much more than that as a guide, mentor and inspirational role model in the development of young people. I have come to understand that every word, every action and even inaction can have an amazing impact and/or detrimental effect on the life of a young person. I want to see my athletes succeed, not just as players on the court, but also as great people off of it. It is that understanding that has fueled my love and passion for coaching and shaped my coaching style.
My coaching experience has taken me to:
– Head Coach Varsity Heritage Christian School (3 years) Current
– Head Coach Varsity at Horizon Christian Academy (8 yrs)
– Asst Coach at Horizon Christian Academy (2 yrs)
– Director and Head Coach at Supreme Court VBC (2 yrs)
– Head Coach Maranatha Christian School (1 yr)
– Head Coach (Local U16s) at Club Pacific VBC (2 yrs)
– Head Coach Starlings VBC U18, 16, 14 and 12s (10 yrs)
– Head Beach Coach (3 yrs) Fury VBC
– Founder Breakfast Club (3 Years)
When I’m not playing or coaching volleyball, I make my living as a dad, husband, serial entrepreneur, licensed artist and designer with a small side of real estate development and management.
send an email to Coach Bill